Wednesday, November 5, 2008

President-Elect Obama

Let me say first off that the fact that our country elected an African-American president makes me proud of how far our country has come, regardless of what party he or she may belong to.

That said, I'm excited about an Obama presidency and a new direction for the nation. No, I don't agree with him on everything, but I think that he will lead from the middle, as did Clinton.

I'm excited about the return of diplomacy and amicable foreign relations. I think that Obama has what it takes to solve this economic crisis: oversight, alternative energy, and a solution to health care.

I believe he will continue to mature and learn as he listens while in office. I know I've made this comparison a few times, but he reminds me of President Kennedy, idealistic and a little naive when he came into office, but quickly growing and maturing as he gains experience in office.

I am glad that the Democrats aren't filibuster-proof in the Senate and I hope that Obama can put his money where his mouth is and make his ideas happen. I know, though, that he will help us as a nation forget the last eight years and move forward to a better America.

Congratulations President Obama.

2 comments:

savvy said...

I agree with you on this post. Hooray for us! Isn't that like a milestone or something?!

K.m. Hudson said...

Hey man, I'm with you here. Well said. You should definitely share your point of view on more topics, I would like to hear what you think about other prevalent issues we Americans are facing.

But keep up the informative and insightful blogging!
-Kevin