Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Kurt Bestor

So I got tickets for Savvy and me to go see Kurt Bestor in concert this week. I'm stoked because I love Christmas and Christmas music, as does she.

I love this time of year for all the good it brings out in people and how it makes us think outside ourselves. One of my all-time favorite songs is by Kurt Bestor... but it's not a Christmas song. Most of you have probably heard it... "Prayer of the Childen."



I was searching for that song online, and this is the first video that came up. Made me cry. Christmas is such a great time of year because we all stop to think of others. Just like on December 24, 1914, when opposing soldiers laid down their weapons, decorated their trenches, and walked across "no man's land" to give gifts to the opposing side, we can use this time of year to lay down our weapons of hate, mistrust, and envy and try to be better people. While world peace may be far away, let's all use this Christmas season to overcome our differences with our friends and neighbors.

Merry Christmas

3 comments:

savvy said...

That is absolutely moving. And I think it's very appropriate with the time of year. I sometimes get caught up in the traditions and the hustle and bustle and excitement of the holiday things going on, and I don't keep in foresight the real reason for the season: Christ.

I have so much in my life right now that I could make better, but I don't take the time to fix. I have so many people that I can give forgiveness and love to, and have that as my gift to the Savior, as I know He would have me do.

Thank you for the touching reminder. I almost cried too.

Kimbo said...

Bobby, this is such a nice touching post. I love that song too. Thanks for bringing the spirit into my day. It's good to get a reminder about why this time of year is so special.

Nathan said...

I couldnt agree with you more. This is a great post.